About Visas

  • Q: Can you offer a student visa for me?

A: Yes, we will arrange a student visa for students who are taking Chinese courses for more than 3 months.

  • Q: Can you change my work visa into a student visa if I am going to learn Chinese in your school?

A: The work visa can not be changed into a student visa directly. But you can change your work visa into a tourist visa (L visa) or a visitor visa(F visa) at the PSB (Public Security Bureau) where you recieved your work visa. Then, we will be able to help you  to change it into a student visa (X visa).

  • Q: Do I need a student visa (X visa) to study at your school?

A: If you are coming to China primarily for tourism but want to take a short course of study hours less than 8 hours every week, you can have your course with the issued tourist visa(L visa). However, you have to acquire your tourist visa at the Visa Section of the Chinese Embassy in your country first. If the study hours of your course in a week are more than 8 hours, you will need a student visa (X-1 visa or X-2 visa) .

  • Q: When do I need to apply for my student visa (X-1 visa or X-2 visa)?

A: You may apply for your student visa (X-1 visa or X-2 visa) as soon as you are prepared to do so. But because the waiting time for an interview appointment varies, you are strongly suggested to apply for your student visa (X-1 visa) early to provide enough time for visa procedure.

  • Q: What things do I need to do to apply for a student visa (X-1 visa or X-2 visa)?

A: Generally, as a part of the visa application process, an interview at the Visa Section of a Chinese Embassy is required for visa applicants. At the interview, you must provide in paper: a JW202 Form filled out by the school, an Official Letter issued by the school, an Admission Letter issed by the school, your passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in China.

  • Q: Can I get a JW202 Form from your school?

A: Yes. Our school is approved to help foreigners to apply for a student visa by the government offices of  the Education Department, Foreign Affairs Office and Public Security Bureau.

  • Q: How long can I stay in China as a foreign student with student visa(X-1 visa or X-2 visa)?

A: When you enter China with a student visa(X-1 visa or X-2 visa) issued by a Chinese Embassy outside of China, usually, you are granted to stay for 30 days with a X-1 visa (which is usually valid for 30 days) or 180 days with X-2 visa (which is usually valid for 180 days). However, When you arrive in China, our school can help you to secure a student visa (X visa) for staying in China at least 6 months or possibly even longer, depending on how long you want to enroll at school to study.

  • Q: Can I bring my spouse and/or children to China with me?

A: Yes. If you request, our school can issue a Form S-1 or S-2 for each of your dependents to apply for a dependent S visa. At the visa interview, you must also provide proof of your relationship to your spouse and/or children (e.g., marriage and birth certificates). It is recommended that your family apply for S-1 and S-2 visas at the same time. However, if your spouse and/or children must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of your passport and visa, along with all other required documents.

  • Q: What materials should I offer for a student visa (X visa)?

A: The materials that you should offer are:

1. a photocopy of the first page of your passport.

2. a photocopy of the last entry stamp.

3. a photocopy of your visa.

4. Residence Permit (which is provided by the local police station)

5. two copiess of 2x2 size photographs and a receipt of your digital photo and individual code (which is provided by the photo studio appointed by Public Security Bureau)

6. physical examination report and the copy of the original proof (according to the requirements of the Public Security Bureau)

  • Q: How much should I pay for the student visa (X visa)?

A: Student needs to pay 400 RMB to PSB office for the visa.

  • Q: Is it ok for me to learn Chinese at school if I only have a tourist visa?

A: Yes, if you choose to take the Chinese course within 3 months it will be OK for you to use a tourist visa.